Monday, September 17, 2012

Throw Away Your Non Stick Pan !!

Teflon, the material used for non stick pans is bad for your health.
Throw it out !!


When Non Stick Pans are heated they release perfluorinated compounds. These fumes have been reported to kill birds !!

"The birds die abruptly, usually shortly after new non-stick pans are heated for the first time."

Even The makers of Teflon, Dupont have admitted that when Teflon is highly heated its fumes can KILL BIRDS !!

"Bird owners should be aware that there are potential dangers in the kitchen. Cooking fumes, smoke and odors that have little or no effect on people can seriously sicken and even kill some pet birds, often quite quickly.  Also cooking fumes from any type of unattended or overheated cookware, not just nonstick, can damage a bird's lungs with alarming speed. "

Even though the fumes emitted from Teflon can kill birds the makers of Teflon say it is "Safe" for humans to inhale when normal temperatures are used to cook food.

At extremly high temperatures (1,000 degrees F) which can be reached by stovetop drip pans
the non-stick coating breaks down to PFIB, which is a known chemical warfare agent and analog of the WWII nerve gas phosgene.

Recently Teflon has been linked to heart disease, thyroid disease, low birth weight, and oxidative dna damage.

Do you really want to be cooking with this nasty stuff?
Cooking with organic food and high quality ingredients goes to waste when cooking in Teflon pots and pans.

What should you cook with?

I personally have thrown out my Non stick pans and replaced them with stainless steal. This is the new cookware set that I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment