Because 95% of the Multi-Vitamins Out there are pure junk !!
There are a few ways to quickly figure out if your Multi-Vitamin is made from cheap toxic ingredients.
1) Vitamin B12- If your supplement says Cyanocobalamin then you want to toss it out.
That's because when your body breaks down the Cyanocobalamin compound it releases Cyanide a poisonous substance. It defeats the whole purpose of taking vitamins if you are going to be absorbing a toxic ingredient like that.
* Good forms of Vitamin B12 are Methylcobalamin & adenosylcobalamin.
2) Magnesium- If your supplement says Magnesium Oxide then throw it out !!
When Magnesium Oxide is broken down it releases Magnesium and Oxide. Instead of your body using beneficial antioxidants to fight free radicals (oxidized cells or oxidants) It will use them to neutralize these oxides. You don't want to waste your antioxidants like this. Oxidizes cells are what we call free radicals which can cause harm to the body.
* Good Forms of Magnesium are Magnesium Malate, Glycine, Citrate, Ascorbate, Diglycinate, Fumarate, Succinate, Alpha-ketoglutarate
3) Vitamin E- If your supplement says dl-Tocopherol Throw it out !!
If there is a dl in front of Tocopherol that means your Vitamin E has been derived from
Coal Tar !!! Yes Coal Tar !!! A petroleum based substance. That is something that you don't want to be eating.
* Good forms of Vitamin E are d-Tocopherol (make sure that it is not derived from soy oil ) and Tocotrienols. Tocotrienols are the best form of Vitamin E.
4) Calcium- If your multi-vitamin says Calcium Carbonate then you would be terrified to know that you are eating Gym Chalk made from ground up rocks !!
* Good Forms of Calcium are Coral Calcium. You will know if it is a real Coral Calcium if it has a 2:1 ratio (2 parts Calcium to 1 part Magnesium) Also MCHC, Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite, Calcium AEP, Fumerate, Malate, and ascorbate.
The Best Multi-Vitamin that I have found when It comes to quality and effectiveness is