Monday, April 16, 2012

Home Made Cereal GMO FREE




Mountain Rose Herbs








I shopped at an Indian Supermarket and discovered puffed rice (similar to whats in rice krispies cereal) I thought to my self  "hey I wonder if i can make my own cereal with this" I wanted to find a healthier alternative to the GMO junk cereals besides the organic ones that are way over priced. I bought a gigantic bag 28oz of puffed rice for $2.99. Guess what? The Kids LOved it !!!

Ingredients:
Puffed rice
Handful of organic raisins (conventional raisins have lots of pesticides on them..Avoid them)
2 tsp sugar (make sure its from cane sugar)
Sprinkle cinnamon
Organic Milk

Place puffed rice into a bowl. Add some raisins. 2 tsp sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon. Add Milk. Mix well.
Enjoy your NON GMO cereal :)



                       
                                 Mountain Rose Herbs. A Herbs, Health & Harmony Com

2 comments:

  1. "I wanted to find a healthier alternative to the GMO junk cereals besides the organic ones that are way over priced."

    Yes, forget about GMO foods, they are really bad for health. Much better if you eat organic one. Much better if you just eat organic fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Bessie, Organic Fruits are the best choice. You can throw in some slices of banana, organic strawberries, blueberries, raspberries :)

    ReplyDelete